Webinar – Supporting the Sensitive Child
Date(s) - Apr 25, 2022
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
What is sensitivity and how does it manifest in certain children? Understanding and recognizing sensitivity is key when parenting or working with a sensitive child. If misunderstood, these children are at risk for behavioral problems and failure to mature. Through years of study and personal experience, Patti Drobot will help make sense of the sensitive child. She will discuss the challenges that often come with these children and discuss what the adult’s role is in helping sensitive children to mature and reach their full potential. In this session, she will cover:
- Signs of sensitivity.
- Why sensitive children can be challenging to raise.
- Reasons for behavioral issues that can arise.
- Key recommendations for parents and educators of sensitive children including discipline.
- Well-being and belonging.
- Engagement with others, materials, and the world
- Joy in relationships with people, place, materials and ideas.
- Safety and respect.
- Emotions, thoughts, and views.
- Every child is a gift.
- Time for engagement.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Early Care and Education
- Family Support
- Service Partnership: Vancouver Early Years Partnership
- Service System: CCRR
Suitable for students, parents, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infants/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Read our Workshop Policies, FAQs and Online Workshops Basics.
Internet access, computer, audio and video.
Patti Drobot is a registered professional counselor and parent consultant with a private practice in Vancouver. She works with individuals. parents and educators. Her educational and professional background is in occupational therapy and family therapy with more than 20 years experience as both clinician and educator in the areas of neurology, psychiatry, and community mental health. She is a faculty member of the Neufeld Institute and uses Dr. Neufeld’s approach in her day to day life as both mother and professional.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre | WCCRC