THINKING ABOUT HOW TO SUPPORT RESILIENCE AND STAND IN SOLIDARITY WITH INDIGENOUS CHILDREN – ONLINE
Date(s) - May 8, 2021
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Add to My Calendar
As Early Childhood Educators it is our ethical duty to think about how we begin to decolonize ourselves, our
spaces and our pedagogies. In this workshop participants explore aspects of the Indigenous Early Years Cultural
Safety Resource Guide (2019) published by the Government of BC. Ana and Jessica will share information on
how to be an ally and stand in solidarity with the BIPOC community through taking a social justice and
decolonizing perspective to practice.
Presenters: Ana Valle Rivera and Jessica Nadeau are sisters who work at Early Years Training Ltd. Ana is an Early
Childhood Educator and has a degree in Child and Youth Care from the University of Victoria. Jessica is
learning about her Indigenous heritage through her resilient history.
Date: Saturday May 8, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Ana Valle Rivera and Jessica Nadeau