The Importance of Aesthetics in Early Child Care Settings – A Reggio Emilia Inspired Workshop
Date(s) - Nov 25, 2017
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
During this workshop participants will expand on the knowledge Early Childhood Educators have regarding Aesthetics in the classroom. Through reflective practice we look at how the concepts of aesthetics can be and are part of our natural lives. We touch on the meaning of Aesthetics as well as the Reggio inspired theory of aesthetics in early childhood settings. We also think about how our image of the child and programming/curriculum affects our environment. We’ll go through the benefits of aesthetics and why it is something to be appreciated and nurtured in young children.
- To understand the importance of creating and maintaining aesthetics in early child care settings.
- To distinguish materials that will enhance aesthetics and learning in their environment.
- To feel inspired to put it into practice theory, creating a more aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Early Care and Education
Suitable for child care providers of children 3 years of age and up.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
$32.00 members, $42.00 non-members
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-931-3400 Ext. 0
Ana Valle Rivera
Raised in a large and lively family in East Vancouver Ana knew her life's purpose was working with children. Since earning a Diploma and licence in ECE, Special Needs and Infant/Toddler Education, she has worked with children of all ages with differing developmental needs in various childcare settings. Ana has now made it her mission to share her passion and knowledge of child care through her own workshops.