Supporting Infant and Childhood Mental Wellness
Date(s) - Apr 9, 2022
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
According to Thomas Boyce (2019), the author of the ‘The Dandelion and the Orchid: Why Some Children Struggle and how all can Thrive,’ highly reactive orchid children are sensitive to their environment and are at a higher risk of being misunderstood. There will be many factors about children that are unknown to us as educators; however, in the time we work with children we can create environments that support resilience or negatively impact already sensitive children. Participants will be presented with information on stress, adversity, and trauma and will learn about the observable qualities of relationship building and co-regulation as a foundation for compassionate, and trauma-informed care.
Presenter: Ana Valle Rivera is a parent, a children’s book author and the founder of Early Years Workshops & Training. Ana has many aspirations but her current focus is to inspire positive change in the early year’s field through sharing a vision of social wellness and social justice for all.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Ana Valle Rivera