Supporting Families: Mind, Body, and Spirit | 23rd Annual BCAPOP Conference
Date(s) - Oct 9, 2019 - Oct 11, 2019
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Westin Vancouver Airport Hotel
Add to My Calendar
Join the BC Association of Pregnancy Outreach Programs for their 23rd annual conference. This 3-day professional development event, with an optional pre-conference session, will focus on physical, nutritional, mental/emotional, social, and cultural supports for perinatal women.
The BCAPOP conference is designed to offer delegates:
- Training sessions that provide practical information, a deeper understanding of issues faced by marginalized women living in conditions of risk and strategies to support their day to day work.
- An opportunity to network with other professionals in the field.
KEYNOTE SESSION: Finding Purpose by Myles Himmelreich
Myles Himmelreich is a well-known motivational speaker who shares his experiences of living with FASD.
Read more at: www.bcapop.ca/KeynoteSession
Full conference and 1-day only registration options available
- Trauma-Informed Reproductive Care
- Exercise as Medicine
- Knowledge Exchange, Education and Training for Health Care Providers Caring for Pregnant and Newly Parenting Women Using Substances
- Supporting Women and Families through their Legal Problems: A Guide to Free Resources in BC
- Working in Isolation: Providing Services in Remote Locations
- Working Mamas: Sex Trade and Motherhood
- Exploring the Four Domains of Health & Wellness
- What’s New With Canada’s Food Guide?
View session descriptions at www.bcapop.ca/Conference-Program-2019
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Family Support
- Professional Networking
- Special Needs
Professionals from the health and social services fields (nurses, dietitians, social workers, counsellors) and para professionals focused on support/outreach work and pregnancy and health.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Keynote: Myles Himmelreich