Date(s) - Oct 23, 2021
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Burnaby/New Westminster CCRR
Add to My Calendar
Storytime is a wonderful way to introduce young children to reading and promote early literacy. But it’s not just about reading books! In this workshop, we’ll go over everything you need to know to plan and present fun and developmentally appropriate storytime programs for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Why reading and exposure to stories is so important for early literacy
- How to select age-appropriate books for toddlers and preschoolers
- How to choose and prepare felt board stories
- How to plan and organize your storytimes
- How to use action rhymes and songs to get kids moving and learning
Suitable for all early learning professionals.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
$10.00 members, $15.00 non-members
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-931-3400 ext. 0
Alicia Dobbs is a Children’s and Teen librarian at the New Westminster Public Library and has been presenting storytime programs for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and their families since 2012. She can sing “Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes” backwards without messing up (usually).