Social and Emotional Learning Foundations
Date(s) - Aug 7, 2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
This workshop will allow educators to develop their understanding of social and emotional learning (SEL). This is an introductory workshop for all practitioners and parents. Together we will explore the 5 domains of SEL and practices to explicitly teach SEL skills.
• Identify the 5 domains of Social Emotional Learning and how they pertain to the BC Early Learning Framework.
• Develop an understanding of embedding Social Emotional Learning into all areas of our programs.
• Highlight free or low cost Social Emotional Learning resources for diverse needs and ages.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Early Care and Education
- Professional Ethics & Practice
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604 533 4425
Stephanie Sagmoen Siqueira
Stephanie Sagmoen Siqueira is currently working as an early literacy and numeracy teacher in the Surrey School district. She began her career as an ECE in the lower mainland and has since developed a passion for global education working in classrooms across the country as well as in Europe and Brazil. Her work has focused on early literacy and numeracy, pedagogical documentation and social and emotional learning.