Date(s) - Oct 6, 2022 - Oct 13, 2022
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
Learn to identify and practice self-compassion
What is self-compassion?
In this workshop hosted by the BC Council for Families, we will explore some of the myths about self-compassion as well as what self-compassion is and what is NOT. We will introduce the three pillars of self-compassion: mindfulness, common humanity, and kindness, and explore them both individually and collectively. We will look at some of the benefits of self-compassion and the resistance we experience to it, including the beliefs that lead to this resistance.
- Explore our thoughts, feelings, and internal dialogue about self-compassion
- Discuss the myths about self-compassion and what it is and is not
- Begin to understand the science behind self-compassion
- Learn what it means to “create space,” and to get curious about yourself with self-compassion, mindfulness, and personal awareness (using somatic awareness exercises)
- Gain an introduction to the three pillars of self-compassion and spend time exploring them through solo and group activities/explorations
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-678-8884 ext. 101
Kate Toye is a Self Compassion Coach who weaves together mindfulness, wellness, somatic, and intuitive coaching, self-compassion, Compassionate Inquiry, and Internal Family Systems to support her clients in her private practice. She is a certified Compassionate Inquiry Practitioner, a psychotherapeutic approach developed by Gabor Mate, and is a certified Mindfulness, Wellness, and Somatic Coach through the Mindfulness Coaching School. Kate has a love of learning and continues to enroll in courses to grow her knowledge and the ability to support her clients. Her greatest teachers are her three kids. Self-compassion and compassionate inquiry have transformed who she is and how she is with her kids, her partner, her parents, and herself. Kate loves to share with anyone wanting to create a stronger relationship with themselves and their loved ones.