Screen – time in Child Care
Date(s) - May 30, 2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
School age and Early Childhood Educator Tyler Summers will take participants through an engaging workshop focusing on:
• Occupational Standards School Age Profile (from ECE Occupational Standards)-Digital proficiency in School Age Programs
• Practical methods of honouring children’s interests and parents’ concerns. (written agreements, policies and best practice)
• Developing an Emergent, Collaborative and Responsive practice that identifies what is “interesting” about digital experiences and linking digital experiences to real life programming.
• Connecting the British Columbia Early Learning Framework’s core principles to develop programs with balanced and informed technology and screen time policies.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Family Support
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Tyler Summers ECE, SACCC, has been working in School Age Care for two decades and is currently the Executive Director at Jericho Kids Club Child Care Society and a member of the School Age Child Care Association of British Columbia. He also serves as Chair of the Vancouver Community College Early Child Care and Education Program Advisory Committee and is a session instructor for the ECCE program at VCC. He is also a father and husband with a side passion for freelance writing, martial arts and yoga.