20 Hour Responsible Adult In Child Care Settings Course – Every Tuesday and Thursday (8 sessions)
Date(s) - Feb 2, 2017 - Feb 28, 2017
6:45 pm - 9:15 pm
Add to My Calendar
Description: This course was developed by Westcoast to meet the requirements for 20 hours “Responsible Adult” training as stipulated by the Child Care Regulation. Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health, safety and nutrition and programming.
Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions and pass all open book quizzes with a satisfactory mark in order to receive a certificate of completion.
- School Age Group Child Care (licensed).
- Occasional Child Care (licensed).
- As a replacement or a substitute/casual on call for Early Childhood Education Assistants in licensed group child care centres or preschools.
- Casual family drop-in programs, family child care assistants or other related positions.
- For more information read the Child Care Licensing Regulation at: www.health.gov.bc.ca/ccf/child_care.html
Christine is an experienced facilitator on a wide variety of courses and professional development training for Early Childhood Educators, Family Child Care Providers and School Age Workers. She has over 24 years’ experience working with families and children in a variety of contexts. Currently she works with the North Shore Child Care Resource & Referral Program as a Child Care Support and Outreach Consultant in North Vancouver, BC.
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-709-5661 ext. 221
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Be 19 years of age at the time of registration and have Grade 8 English written and oral skills (or equivalent) to participate during class.
Bring a 2-inch binder for your course materials.