RELATIONSHIP BASED POSITIVE GUIDANCE – ONLINE
Date(s) - Apr 13, 2021 - Apr 20, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
The BC Early Learning Framework is a piece of government policy that sets forth best practices for working with
children in the early years age group. According to the BC ELF (2019), “supporting the holistic development of
children with care and empathy is a strategic priority for reducing inequalities and enduring children well-being”
(OECD, 2018, p. 4). In this workshop participants will be presented with information on the qualities of empathy
and positive relationship-based guidance while also being asked to critically reflect on their personal guidance
philosophy. We know ‘time out’ does not work but in ways this practice is still being used by simply changing the
word ‘time out’ to something else. In this workshop participants will be asked to think about the difference
between ‘time out’ and other strategies that would foster a sense of well being and belonging.
Presenter: Ana Valle Rivera is an Early Childhood Educator and has a degree in Child and Youth Care from the
University of Victoria. Ana works as a contract Instructor and Facilitator. She is also a parent and children’s book
Date: Tuesday April 13 and Tuesday April 20, 2021 (To receive a certificate you must attend both dates)
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Ana Valle Rivera