Puppets and Empathy
Date(s) - Jun 4, 2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Add to My Calendar
“Empathy is a Choice” – Brene Brown
We have to connect with something in ourselves that knows that feeling. When we choose to empathize with the children we work with, we choose to help them communicate the feelings they are feeling but cannot name. Puppets can help us by supporting our children in expressing feelings that otherwise might keep dormant or suppress. Puppets can put a smile on a child’s face. Puppets help adults become silly, be a child again, and explore the unknown. Making a puppet can help adults de-stress and become creative. Join me in this interactive workshop and learn more about empathy and puppets. In this workshop you will learn how to use puppets to help children express how they feel. You will learn to make a cone puppet, and you will learn the benefits of using puppets in your daily interaction with children.
Presenter: My name is Oana Nistor. I am an Early Childhood Educator, Montessori teacher, and storyteller. I’ve been working in the ECE field for over 20 years. I worked most of my ECE career in Langley. Presently I teach the Early Childhood Education program at Ridge Meadows College in Maple Ridge. I am passionate about children and I am passionate about stories and their teaching power. I am fascinated by the power of stories and more importantly the benefits and the lessons we can learn from them.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Visa, MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number