Positive Approach to Guidance
Date(s) - Sep 20, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Online, Abbotsford CCRR
Add to My Calendar
This workshop will explore ways to guide children’s behaviour in a positive way. The educators will learn about self-regulation, reflective behaviour and relationship building. We will also discuss the underlying factors that affect children’s emotional health and cause behaviour issues. We will talk about creating a child centered curriculum and environment to manage these issues. We will also discuss effective conflict resolution.
Presenter: Pooja Kalsi has a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education from State University of New York. She has 23 years of experience in the Early Childhood field as a teacher, facilitator, supervisor, director and instructor. She is very passionate about finding ways to promote children’s creativity and expression of discovery. She is currently teaching at Langara College in the ECE department. She is a mother of two children and believes that she continues to learn from the world around her.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number