Online Workshop – Summer Series with Sarah McCarthy – Bringing the Inside Out and the Outside In
Date(s) - Jul 19, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Child Care Options CCRR
Add to My Calendar
Get ready to be part of an outdoor play revolution! Let’s get together and review outdoor play and how we can bring the inside out and outside in! Participants will consider time, space and materials, and the roles early learning educators exhibit to encourage children to experience play in a meaningful way. Using loose parts in the outdoor and indoor play space, and setting up environments that provoke children’s thinking and ideas.
- To discover that you can easily connect the outdoor classroom to the indoor one
- Understand the importance of being outside for longer periods of time, and discuss why outdoor education is needed now more than ever
- Discuss ways that we could build connection to land, culture, community and place
- Consider what is the role of the educator outside, how can we support the children’s agency outside
- Be inspired to create beautiful environments outside and inside
- Invite curiosity, wonder and discovery both inside and outside
- Review David Sobels seven design principles and elements of risky play that can be used to shape outdoor experiences that are offered to children.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number