Online Workshop – Rethinking Space and Sensory in the New Normal
Date(s) - Apr 8, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Surrey CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
During this workshop we will examine the effects of spatial design on pedagogical practices and generate different ways of designing educational ‘circumstances’ that facilitate relational ways of being and at the same time reflect current health restrictions and newly established protocols.
- Relational pedagogy and the meaning of ‘curriculum in the absence of curriculum’.
- Voluntary simplicity and the use of materials.
- Developing physical flow based on the understanding of white (negative) space, and the effects on individual experiences and group dynamics.
- Designing educational ‘circumstances’ that facilitate relational ways of being and correspond to new policies and procedures.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
All Early Learning and Child Care Professionals
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number