Online Workshop – Helping Educators Reflect and Find Joy in Outdoor Play
Date(s) - Oct 19, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
As adults we often forget how our perceptions of nature and outdoor play are influenced by our past experiences and the attitudes adults had towards it. How has this affected our approach when facilitating outdoor play with children? In this workshop we will discuss our past experiences, reflect on our values, and our attitudes on outdoor play. We will discuss how these impact children, whether we intend to or not.
With a better understanding of our views, truths, and perspectives we endeavor to help educators create a relationship with nature themselves and remember the joy of true free outdoor play. Together we will create something using only natural loose part materials. Through this process we hope to stoke the memories locked inside of us, of times we played with simple things like sticks or rocks and the enjoyment we got from them. To reignite or spark a love for outdoors that we can pass on to the children in our care. To create ecological literacy in ourselves and our youngest citizens.
– Before the workshop, the participants will be asked to collect a few natural items, a stick in particular.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
All Early Learning and Child Care Professionals
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Tamara Jacobs and Kayley Bach