Online Workshop – Emergent Planning and Programming in School Age Care
Date(s) - Mar 18, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Surrey CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
Emergent learning in child care is rapidly becoming a recognized and recommended practice for educators seeking to provide the best possible care for their children and families. Research shows that a meaningful and positive learning environment has several factors in common:
– access to a consistent and reliable adult with up-to-date training and education in child development, health and safety, care and guidance, and nutrition;
– space provided for investigation, self-determination and exploration of the interdependence between educators, children, families and the community;
– elements of each child’s home life represented in the program;
– flexible play spaces with open ended natural material;
– programming that honours the processes at play in ‘child centered’ experiences and activities vs. pre-determined, theme-based ‘adult-directed’ experiences and activities;
– seeing each child as competent and full of potential (The Image of the Child – British Columbia Early Learning Framework).
In this workshop participants will explore these elements while planning with a 4-step emergent curriculum framework and seven best practice principles that support and accompany an emergent curriculum framework.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
SUITABLE FOR PROFESSIONALS WORKING WITH CHILDREN IN BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Tyler Summers ECE, SACCC