“BABY TALK”: Encouraging Language Development with Infants and Toddlers – Online Workshop
Date(s) - Mar 3, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Surrey CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
This online workshop focuses on how we can support children’s language development in the early years. Included will be practical, interactive strategies to help children engage and communicate with their caregivers.
Some of the topics covered will be:
• Children’s conversational styles.
• The roles caregivers play.
• Knowing how and why children communicate and how we can more effectively support them.
• Strategies we can use to encourage interaction and conversation.
• How to use rhymes and stories to help build emergent literacy skills.
• Ways of supporting families as partners in building language skills.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop.. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
SUITABLE FOR ALL EARLY LEARNING AND CHILD CARE PROFESSIONALS
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number