ONLINE – WHAT YOUNG CHILDREN NEED YOU TO KNOW
Date(s) - Dec 1, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
When we apply adult logic to young children it makes interacting with them more frustrating and tiring than it was ever meant to be. This workshop will look at commonly misunderstood behaviours including temper tantrums, resistance, defiance, frustration, impulsiveness, shyness, separation anxiety through the lens of attachment and developmental science and will focus on how we can guide children through it all by meeting their needs for connection and play. Content is applicable to children between the ages 1-7years.
Presenter: Bridgett Miller is a preschool and elementary teacher, remedial therapist, presenter, author and parent consultant. She is an Authorized Facilitator of the Neufeld Institute, the creator of the popular social media account @look.with.love.bridgett with Love on Facebook and Instagram, and the author of What Young Children Need You to Know: How to see them so you know what to do for them. For more information visit: www.bridgettmiller.com.
Date: Tuesday, December 1st
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, or cheque (payable to Abbotsford Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number