ONLINE – REACHING AND TEACHING CHILDREN IN CHALLENGING TIMES
Date(s) - Sep 19, 2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
Right now, our children are experiencing great stresses and some may be experiencing anxiety or even some trauma. We may be seeing some new behaviours and wonder what it all means. Let’s talk about how the brain is wired for safety and how it responds to stress. We will look at how we can help our-selves and our children feel safe, learn and grow. We will also see how this might affect some of our neurodivergent thinkers – those children who think differently (ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder)
Presenter: Pam Collins is the very proud parent of two very different thinking young adult sons! She is also a Positive Behaviour Support Consultant/Parent Trainer for Reach Child and Youth Development Society. She is a recognized educational speaker for families and teaching staff of exceptional children. She is a co-founder of the Richmond Autism Interagency Committee – a group dedicated to increasing opportunities for people with autism to be accepted and celebrated in their communities.
Date: Saturday, September 19, 2020
Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, or cheque (payable to Abbotsford Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number