ONLINE – PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID
Date(s) - Oct 27, 2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
Psychological First Aid will familiarize participants with how a major or minor critical incident can affect individuals and communities as well as how to provide support using PFA. Built on the concept of human resilience, PFA can reduce symptoms of stress and assist in healthy recovery from a traumatic even. Participants will learn the theory behind PFA and the importance of collective and self-care in managing stress in pressure-fueled environments. With the goal of having a healthy work life and balance.
Presenter: Carolyn Sinclair is president of Strategic Business Risks International (SBRI) who deliver emergency management, public safety and psychological wellness education to government and private organizations and institutions. She enjoys customizing and delivering training to support frontline workers.
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, or cheque (payable to Abbotsford Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number