ONLINE – PROVDING CARE FOR CHILDREN FROM TWO HOME FAMILIES
Date(s) - Dec 8, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
In this workshop you will learn more about how to support children in two home families. We will dive into common challenges found in children from two home families. Insights around the impacts of separation and divorce on children. Strategies on how to navigate family restructuring, administration, transitions, changes, emotions, and home life conflict. We will explore ways in which child care providers can increase relationships between two home families. This presentation invites interactions, questions, or discussions on common dilemmas found when caring for children from two homes.
Presenter: Jamila Nazerali Hilborn is a Registered Clinical Counsellor. She is a Child Specialist and Divorce/Co-Parenting Coach. She is a member of Collaborative Divorce Vancouver and specializes in Collaborative Divorce. She is the founder of Hilborn Psychotherapy which is located in North Vancouver and Vancouver and focuses on providing counselling services to children, youth and families. Her psychotherapy practice is rooted in separation/divorce, family blending, parenting skills, gender transitioning, disordered eating, and learning differences.
Date: Tuesday, December 8th
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, or cheque (payable to Abbotsford Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Jamila Nazerali Hilborn