ONLINE – MATERIALS AS INVITATIONS FOR LEARNING
Date(s) - Jul 14, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
Setting up meaningful invitations, that are both aesthetically pleasing and rich in sensorial potential, have the capacity to facilitate natural curiosity, critical thinking and learning processes. Through daily proposals of engaging and relevant materials, children can expand on the learning capacities as well as deepen their understanding of the world around them. Driven by exploration and inquiry, this class will guide the participants as to how to view the materials at hand, what are the different ways of inviting children through the use of materials and how to extend on the given responses and possibilities.
- Understanding the materials as ‘tools for thinking’.
- Exploring different materials at hand and ways in which they can be organized and proposed.
- Introduce the guiding principles of aesthetics and what to keep in mind when choosing and setting up the materials.
- How to create a fluid arrangement of materials that will not only effectively engage children but also deepen their understanding of the materials at hand and the learning concepts.
- How to extend on the proposed invitations with the focus on ‘shifting’ rather than changing materials.
Presenter: Ana Vojnovic is an educator, artist and designer. Her pedagogical and creative practices are an
Integrated interdisciplinary response to basic questions of how built/designed environments affect and condition human perception, communication, learning, and socialization.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number