ONLINE – KIDS AT HOPE
Date(s) - Nov 14, 2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
If the first five years of a child’s life sets the tone for the rest of their life, what happens when children are developing under stress? Kids at Hope is an invitation to better understand the complexities of early childhood development and how, as care providers, we can create barriers to reduce the impacts of stress and trauma which often present as challenging behaviours. This workshop will engage childcare providers in learning about research such as the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACES) and the social determinants of health. We will identify opportunities for hope even when early life starts with challenges and develop tools that are within the scope of practice and capability of child care providers.
Presenter: Katelyn Moon is a proud early childhood educator who has been working in the ECE field since 2008. She is passionate about teaching children while honouring their uniqueness, individuality and developmental needs. Katelyn is an entrepreneur with an early learning program in Chilliwack which focuses on social learning, emotional intelligence, and outdoor learning. Katelyn enjoyed being a student as well as a teacher and is dedicated to her ongoing learning in leadership, licensing and teaching.
Date: Saturday, November 14, 2020
Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, or cheque (payable to Abbotsford Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number