ONLINE – DEVELOPMENT, RED FLAGS AND DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS PART 1 & 2
Date(s) - Nov 17, 2020 - Nov 24, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
Participants will further explore developmental milestones and will learn how to identify red flags. Discuss and practice objective documentation and how to have those difficult conversations with families once a concern has been identified. Learn how to develop partnerships with families by exploring their priorities, values and background. This is a two part workshop. Please attend both evenings.
Presenter: Karen LeSage: I have 25 years of experience working with children and youth in child care and community settings. Throughout my career my focus has been on inclusion for all children. I am a licensed Early Childhood Educator, Infant/Toddler Educator and Special Needs Educator. I have worked as a Supported Child Development Consultant for the past 16 years. I am a certified 95 hour Children’s Yoga Teacher and I’ve been trained in the Mindful Schools Curriculum.
Date: Tuesday, November 17 & 24, 2020
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) or debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number