Online Community of Practice: From Teaching to Thinking: Reflecting on Our Practice
Date(s) - Apr 1, 2021 - Aug 12, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Child Care Options CCRR
Add to My Calendar
15 hours of Professional Development (10 hours in class & 5 hours of reading)
Cost: $100.00 (includes Ann Pelo and Margie Carter’s book “From Teaching to Thinking…” and a copy of the revised BC Early Learning Framework)
5 sessions: Thursdays: April 1, May 6, June 3, July 8 & August 12
Do you love to challenge your thinking? Do you reflect on your current practice?
This Community of Practice (CoP) is for those who guide, nurture, and inspire children in child care settings.
Spend time exploring, discussing, and digging deeply into Ann Pelo and Margie Carter’s book “From Teaching to Thinking- a pedagogy for reimagining our work” with two facilitators and a network of other educators on the same journey.
We invite you to register with a thinking partner and join us to share and engage in dialogue to look for deeper meaning in our work. In between sessions, you and your thinking partner will connect to put the conversations into practice and support each other within this work. We hope participants will take time to consider their current practices with an open mind to help deepen their understanding of the concepts within their own context.
*Please note, thinking partners are not required to be working in the same centre.
– This Community of Practice will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before each session. Please click the link ten minutes before the session begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– A certificate of attendance will be issued at the last class for full attendance
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Early Care and Education
- Professional Networking
All Early Learning and Child Care Professionals
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Facilitated by: Jacqueline Ewonus and Jennifer Vanderberg