ONLINE – ART AND CRAFT IN PEDAGOGICAL PRACTICE PART 1 & 2
Date(s) - Oct 6, 2020 - Oct 13, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Online (Abbotsford CCRR)
Add to My Calendar
During this workshop we will try to understand why art and craft have traditionally been placed in opposition to one another, and how this impacts the way we engage children in creative processes. By demonstrating that art and craft are on a non-hierarchical continuum, we will come to appreciate how every creative experimentation, both guided and naturally occurring, has value and potential.
Presenter: Ana Vojnovic works as an educator (UBC Child Care), artist-designer and a lecturer. Her pedagogical and creative practices are an integrated interdisciplinary response to basic questions of how built/designed environments affect and condition human perception, communication, learning, and socialization.
Dates: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 and Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, or cheque (payable to Abbotsford Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number