Normal and Atypical Communication Development
Date(s) - May 3, 2022
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
This workshop will review normal and atypical speech-language and communication development in the preschool population. Particular emphasis will be placed on:
- Communication milestones
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Stuttering and voice
- Bilingual and multilingual language development
- Where and how to access services
- Strategies to facilitate language development
Presenter: Shari Linde is the director of Advantage Speech-Language Pathology in Richmond, a practice with over 20 speech-language pathologists and numerous assistants and volunteers. Therapists see clients in the clinic, over teletherapy, in private homes, and in care facilities. Shari has been a SLP for more than 27 years. She is on the Registry of Autism Service Providers, and is currently serving as the Chair of Speech-Language and Audiology Canada.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number