My Tween and Me
Date(s) - Sep 23, 2021 - Sep 27, 2021
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Online via Zoom
Add to My Calendar
My Tween and Me is a parenting program for families with children aged 7-12 years.
The BC Council for Families’ 15-hour training is newly revised to provide family service professionals with practical strategies and techniques that are flexible and adaptive in promoting positive youth development for tweens as they transition into adolescence and early adulthood.
Learn new facilitation skills to engage both parents and their tweens in our innovative curriculum that goes beyond parent education to promote strong family relationships and positive youth development for children aged 7-12 as they move through the critical transition from childhood to adolescence.
Learn how to help parents:
- Strengthen their pre-teen’s self-confidence, esteem and worth
- Positively influence their pre-teen’s choices, values and goals
- Support their tweens in making healthy decisions
The training centers around five core topics:
- Healthy development of children age 7 – 12
- Life at school as a pre-teen
- Building strong family relationships
- Encouraging strong peer relationships
- Exploring today’s pre-teen world and building community
Professional Development Certificate
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-678-8884 ext. 101
Carmen Paterson-Payne is the Provincial Coordinator of Nobody’s Perfect (NPP) Parenting Manitoba. She is a Nobody’s Perfect Master Trainer, Trainer and group facilitator. She is also a contract trainer, program developer and adult learning facilitator.