Multi-Cultural Rhythm and Music Workshop. No music experience is required – Online
Date(s) - Sep 11, 2021
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Add to My Calendar
What could be more universal than music to inspire and lead an early childhood activity?
Louise Raymond, the Artistic Director of Malicounda invites the Early Childhood Educators to participate in a
unique Live Virtual Music & Rhythm Workshop using “home-grown” instruments: bucket, sticks, plastic bowls,
jars/bags of rice or beans, spoons or your own drum. This session will provide educators with the necessary
tools to facilitate a music circle using an innovative method created 25 years ago. Louise will demonstrate
an approach to cognitive training helping children tap into their inner creativity, discovering the soothing
impact of rhythm. Through this workshop, educators will acquire an additional educational technique that
stimulates the artistic and intellectual creativity in children and reinforces cognitive development.
Presenter: For 30 years, as Artistic Director of Malicounda, Louise with all her love, has shared her passion
and respect for this vital culture, touching the lives of thousands of people – Children, youth, adults, and
elders – through rhythm. The company was awarded several grants from Arts Start in Vancouver, Foundation
for the Arts in Alberta and Culture in Schools in Quebec. She is an inspiring presenter and a motivating
facilitator in French, English or Spanish!
Date: Saturday September 11, 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number