MOVING BEYOND “TOLERANCE AND INCLUSION” TO “ANTI-BIASED AND ANTI-RACIST” APPROACHES IN EARLY YEARS – ONLINE
Date(s) - Jan 16, 2021
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
In this workshop participants will think about bias and racism in an open, safe, and nonjudgmental way. Participants will be asked to think about the words ‘tolerance,’ and ‘inclusion.’ What do these words mean, where do they come from? Who do they privilege and who do they marginalize? Through this open dialogue the hope is that participants begin to move past uncomfortable feelings to think about how they can continue conversations to support anti-biased and anti-racist approaches in ways that are meaningful.
Presenters: Ana Valle Rivera works as a contract Instructor and Facilitator. She is a parent and children’s book author. Ana is completing a degree in child and youth care at the University of Victoria.
Date: Saturday, January 16, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Cisco Webex. You do not need to make an account for Webex as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Ana Valle Rivera