Mothers Mental Health Toolkit Training: October 2022
Date(s) - Oct 4, 2022 - Oct 5, 2022
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Online : anywhere
Add to My Calendar
Enhance your maternal mental health literacy at this online event
Often you are the first point of contact for a mother struggling with their mental health.
This newly updated workshop hosted by the BC Council for Families will enhance your mental health literacy, provide a guide for the promotion of mental wellness for mothers, and promote practices that build resiliency and a strong network of community supports.
The valuable toolkit is a workbook-style resource that will increase maternal mental health knowledge, skills, and confidence among those working with mothers and families.
This toolkit and workshop will:
- enhance your mental health literacy,
- provide you with a guide for promoting mental wellness for mothers,
- teach tools and techniques to help you prevent mental health issues,
- help you recognize the risks and signs of possible mental illness,
- help you guide women and their families—and other people supporting them—to understand and access assessment and treatment services, and
- enhance your knowledge of community responses and support that encourage recovery and decrease stigma.
Professional Development Certificate
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-678-8884 ext. 101
Kerry Watts and Kate Wilton
Kerry Watts, has spent over 20 years working with children, youth, families and communities in a variety of roles. She currently works as a community development consultant and facilitator. Kerry is passionate about building strong and resilient communities and supporting parents from preconception to adolescence and beyond. She lives on the Sunshine Coast with her family. Kate Wilton is a Facilitator at Ladysmith Family and Friends, a Family Resource Program. She has been working in health and community services for 15 years including as a Licensed Practical Nurse and Yoga and Mindfulness Mentor. Kate lives with her husband, two children and assortment of creatures whom she loves playing in nature with.