Mistaken Goals of Misbehaviour
Date(s) - Aug 10, 2017
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Child Care Options CCRR
Add to My Calendar
Children misbehave, but as educators and parents we often ask, “why do they misbehave.” Rudolph Dreikurs proposed that children misbehave out of a mistaken assumption that they can gain social status with their own bad behavior.
Dreikurs described four goals of misbehaviour:
- To gain attention.
- To gain power and control.
- To gain revenge.
- To display feelings of inadequacy
- Identify Rudolf Dreikur’s 4 Mistaken Goals of Misbehaviour
- Apply these goals to the misbehaviour of children in our care
- Explore helpful ways to respond to this misbehaviour as ECE Teachers
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours