ONLINE – Making Space for Outdoor Risky Play in the Time of COVID-19 and Beyond
Date(s) - Jul 27, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
Research is clear on the importance of regular and repeated access to outdoor risky play. During the COVID-19 outbreak, the importance of supporting children’s play outdoors has become even more urgent as a means of infection control. This session will help you build the case about the need for outdoor risky play as well as get great ideas to make positive change in your work with children. Myths will be dispelled, truths revealed, and incredible opportunities for children to have new experiences introduced. Learn the key concepts that support outdoor play and how you can begin to incorporate these into your programs and plans. Lastly, hear about tools and educational resources, and what different groups across Canada are doing to support risky play.
– To identify the influence of outdoor risky play on children’s health and development.
– To analyze your personal challenges in supporting outdoor risky play.
– To develop a plan for managing these challenges and implement changes.
– This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
– You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with a camera and audio capabilities to join us.
– A link will be emailed to you the day before the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in. Further instructions will be included in the email.
– For safety reasons we will be locking the meeting at 6:45 pm, so please arrive early or on time to ensure you get in.
All Early Learning and Child Care Professionals
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Dr. Mariana Brussoni