Media R Us – Online
Date(s) - Nov 20, 2021
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Add to My Calendar
Media R Us is a crash course in the most recent research on screen media and young children. It provides a
look at the role media plays in development, socialization, identity and imagination of young children and
aims to create awareness and opportunities for educators to make choices that will enhance critical media
education skills, even in the youngest viewers.
Presenter: Kym Stewart holds a PhD in Education and an M.A in Communications from Simon Fraser
University. Her PhD thesis explores her decades of media research, including various projects looking at
children’s media culture and media education practices. Her M.A. also explored youth media culture and is
one of the earliest explorations of South Korea’s youth gaming.
Date: Saturday November 20, 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number