CANCELLED – Little Food Explorers
Date(s) - Jan 25, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
Little Food Explorers provides a guided exploration of four foods (beans, apples, oats, and milk) through a program guide, recipes, picture books, and parent resources. Participants will receive a lifetime supply of the program materials. Participation in this 1.5-hour nutrition workshop will provide educators with strategies to help toddlers and preschoolers develop positive feelings about food and eating, experiential activities to help introduce toddlers and preschoolers to foods, a summary of the feeding responsibility of parents and caregivers, a certificate of attendance.
Presenter: Joel Barohn is a registered dietitian and nutrition educator at BC Dairy. He has been a member of the team since 2017. In addition to his work at BC Dairy, Joel is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of British Columbia, where he teaches in the department of Land and Food Systems. Before becoming a registered dietitian, Joel worked as a professional chef across the United States. He also spent time working in Texas food banks, delivering nutrition education to families and after school programs.
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
Location: Archway Community Services | Jasbir Saran Room (100B) | 2420 Montrose Ave.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number