Date(s) - Apr 26, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
Past: Where were the indigenous people? What did childcare look like?
Present: What can you do? How to encourage more indigenous people to work in your centre indoors and outdoors?
Future: What will our centres look like in the coming years, days and months?
This is a full workshop filled with videos and a time for you to explore what an inclusive centre looks like. Come with an open mind as there is lots to learn.
Presenter: Jennie Roberts is Ojibway but identifies as Stó:lō Xwelxwelmexw and resides on Tzeachten First Nation. She is the mother of 10 children and a proud grandma and great grandma. She graduated from the University of the Fraser Valley in Early Childhood Education with a Special Needs Diploma. Jennie graduated with a certificate from Northern Lights College in Early Childhood and Care and holds a Speech & Language Assistant Certificate from Seabird College.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number