How to Report Suspected Abuse or Neglect
Date(s) - Feb 23, 2017
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Child Care Options CCRR
Add to My Calendar
This workshop is intended to help participants develop a clear foundation on supporting children during possible abuse or neglect situations. Participants will:
- Understand what is normal sexual development in childhood and adolescence
- Be familiar with the different forms of abuse and neglect.
- Be familiar with the provincial child protection legislation and be aware of Canada’s criminal laws on child maltreatment.
- Understand their statutory responsibilities and role in responding to suspected and disclosed abuse.
- Learn how to make a report.
- Have a basic understanding of the role of the Ministry of Children and Family Development and the police in
- responding to allegations of abuse.
- Have practical handouts for future reference and know where to access further information when needed.
Suitable for all early learning and child care professionals
Mary Peirce Biagi
Mary is a facilitator for the sexual abuse prevention program – Let’s Talk, as well as a member of the steering committee for this training. Her involvement in child safety began in the 1980’s when she took the original Let’s Talk About Touching program training and facilitated with many preschool aged children. In 2002 Mary was part of the pilot project to implement the updates and recommended changes, eventually becoming a trainer. A previous Outreach Consultant for Child Care Options, Mary Peirce Biagi is currently the coordinator of Bridgeview Child Care Centre.
Registration Contact Phone Number
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Options Community Services