Honouring the Spirit of the Child: Bridging Theory to Practice in ECE Through Critical Reflection Series
Date(s) - Sep 22, 2021 - Sep 23, 2021
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
Wednesday September 22, 2021 Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm 1.5 hours
Thursday September 23, 2021 Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm 1.5 hours
This workshop is part of a series of 4 titled, Bridging Theory to Practice in ECE Through Critical Reflection, which are linked and built on each other, however, participants are welcome to attend each individual set of 2 dates based on their goals and needs. Register for one or all 4 of them. If you register for all workshops in this series, you will take a personal and professional self-discovery journey that supports reflection, interpersonal skills and connections to the children and communities in which you serve.
Bridging Theory to Practice in ECE Through Critical Reflection Workshop Series:
- Image of the Educator – Wed, Aug, 25 and Thu, Aug 26, 2021
- Honouring the Spirit of the Child – Wed, Sep, 22 and Thu, Sep 23, 2021
- Programming – Wed, Oct, 27, and Thu, Oct 28, 2021 (not yet open for registration)
- Documentation – Wed, Nov 24, and Thu, Nov 25, 2021 (not yet open for registration)
Description: Honouring the Spirit of the Child
As stated in the Early Learning Framework, ‘children are strong, capable in their uniqueness, and full of potential’. Our image of the child and their potential will be explored and discovered during this intentional workshop. An inclusive, supportive approach will be encouraged, keeping in mind your own philosophy and an image of the holistic child as we align the images of child and educator. When we understand children’s rights, needs and strengths to co-construct with one another, we keep learning alive.
- Well-being and belonging.
- Engagement with others, materials, and the world.
- Communication and literacies.
- Identities, social responsibility, and diversity.
- Every child is a gift.
- Time of engagement.
- Multiple modes of Communication.
- Individual differences
Before you register:
- Westcoast offers interactive, live workshops as opposed to webinars or lectures. In an online environment this requires a reliable internet connection, an updated device and enabling the camera and microphone for the duration of each session. These are basic requirements to attend our workshops and to receive a certificate of participation so please consider this before you register.
- The workshop/course will take place via Zoom. A link for all sessions will be emailed to you a day before the workshop.
- Check your email settings and your spam folder.
- If you are new to Zoom watch the video How to Join a Zoom Meeting. You do not need to download Zoom to attend, but access may be quicker when logged in to Zoom. You can download Zoom for free.
- Join each session by clicking the link 15 min. before start time.
- Doors close 15 min. after start time.
- Workshops/courses are never recorded. If you miss a session, there is no way to make it up and you will not receive a certificate.
- A certificate will be emailed to participants who attend all sessions, after completion.
- Self reflection resources/materials will be emailed to participants at the end of the first session. This will count for 1 additional hour of independent learning on your certificate for a total of 4 hours.
- More questions? Read our Workshop FAQs.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre | WCCRC
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Early Care and Education
- Professional Ethics & Practice
- Service Partnership: Vancouver Early Years Partnership
- Service System: CCRR
Suitable for students, parents, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infants/toddlers to school age children, including children with extra support needs.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Fee: $65 | FCC Fee: $50
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
Read our Workshop Policies, FAQs and Online Workshops Basics.
Internet access, computer, audio and video.
Paula has been serving children, families, and communities for over 28 years. She continues to share her passion and dedication to ECE professionals, families, and community by offering consultations, workshops, and webinars. Paula continues to learn and explore her own beliefs, by attending conferences, and workshops that enhance the Social and Emotional well being of all. She founded Empowermil after fostering 4 boys and continues to hold space for her purpose of making a difference in the world.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre | WCCRC