Guiding and Caring for Preschoolers
Date(s) - Apr 4, 2018
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
What does guidance mean to you and your preschool program? How do you provide guidance? Is there a difference between guiding and caring? Can the environment impact the preschoolers in your centre? Is democracy an important aspect of your program, and are the children involved? This workshop will help educators answer these questions, and learn how to guide and care for pre-schoolers in the program.
• Identify a child’s individuality and learn to support it.
• Discuss the power of the environment and ways to apply it in your centre.
• Learn to create a democracy in your classroom that supports the children in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Explore guiding and caring strategies.
• Discuss resources available to you.
Suitable for parents, students, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early learning child care professionals working with preschool age children.
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
ECE $35 | FCC $20
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-709-5661 ext. 221
Sarah created ECE Connect in 2016. She has been in the educational field for over 16 years and has worked in Montessori schools, play-based centers, Reggio Emilia inspired schools and forest schools. She currently manages a preschool and teaches at VCC.
Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre