Guiding and Caring for Our Preschoolers
Date(s) - Oct 3, 2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
What does guidance mean do you, and your preschool program, how do you provide guidance? Is there a difference between guiding and caring? Can the environment impact the preschoolers in your center? Is democracy an important aspect of your program, and are the children involved? This workshop will help educators answer the above questions, and learn how to guide and care for preschoolers in the program.
1. Identify a child’s individualities and learn to support it
2. Discuss the power of the environment and discuss ways to apply it to your centre
3. Learn to create a democracy in your classroom that supports the children in problem solving and conflict resolution
4. Explore guiding and caring strategies
5. Discuss resources available to you
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604 533 4425
Sarah McCarthy created ECE Connect in 2016 with the idea of connecting early childhood educators together, and offering workshops that she feels are needed in the field. She’s been in the educational for over 15 years. She currently manages a preschool and is an instructor at Vancouver Community College Sarah holds a Bachelor of Science in Education and Training, a Diploma in Early Childhood Education along with Montessori Certificate (0-12 years), and a Certificate for Special Needs.