Date(s) - May 6, 2017
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
“Exploring materials is an evocative experience. It stimulates the imagination. It invites children to tell stories and to develop games.” – Beautiful Stuff, 1999
This workshop will offer opportunities to explore different materials and discover their potential for children’s learning.
Some of the questions that will guide us through this experience are:
- What are the properties of each type of found material?
- How might children engage with this material?
- What is the possible learning children will take from their explorations?
- What are other discoveries this material offers?
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Special Needs
$32.00 members $42.00 non-members
Ana is an Early Childhood Educator who also holds an Infant/Toddler and Special Needs Diploma and is currently completing her BA in Early Childhood Education at Capilano University. She has worked in variety of child care settings and along the way discovered her passion for the Arts, which lead her to obtain a Diploma in Fine Arts at Emily Carr University of Art and Design. Her current interests include innovative design of Early Childhood Education spaces and promoting the Inquiry Based Learning approach.
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604-931-3400 ext., 0
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours