EMERGENCY CHILD CARE FIRST AID/CPR LEVEL B
Date(s) - Aug 15, 2020
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Add to My Calendar
This 8-hour course includes obstructed airway procedures, breathing emergencies and CPR for babies, children and youth. The course also includes basic first aid for common injuries such as bleeding, burns, falls, fractures, poisons and some medical conditions etc. There is also a section on child safety. The Emergency Child Care First Aid course is recommended for child care workers and anyone living with children. This course also includes certification in Automated External Defibrillation (AED) use.
Instructor: Karen Clark as the owner and operator of The Vital Link, has been teaching Red Cross First Aid and CPR courses for over 20 years. She has taught locally, provincially, nationally and internationally. Karen’s background and certification in ECE has made her very sought after in this field.
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone. Debit, credit, cash, or cheque payments are taken in office.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard), debit, cash, or cheque (payable to Archway Community Services).
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held at Archway Community Services in the Jasbir Saran Room (B100), unless otherwise stated.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Phone Number