Effects Of Trauma On Children
Date(s) - Aug 1, 2021 - Aug 31, 2021
Mission Community Services CCRR
Add to My Calendar
Online- Self Paced
Join us for this self-paced workshop on trauma informed care.
We all probably have children who we work with that have been through some kind of trauma in their lives, whether it be a parent separation, the loss of a loved one, covid 19 related or something else that has happened in their past.
Trauma effects how a child’s brain develops and this in turn effects the outward behaviors that we often experience whilst they are in our care, leading us to question how we can best care for the child.
This workshop aims to offer practical information to caregivers and professionals on why certain behaviours may be present, and how they can support their children in moving towards growth and healing.
- Examine the impact of trauma on neurological development
- Explore the impact of trauma on attachment systems.
- Foster a greater understanding of behavioural patterns associated with trauma
- Develop tools and strategies to support the children in our lives
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Family Support
- Special Needs
early learning educators
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
grade 8 english