ECE 302 Health, Safety, Nutrition
Date(s) - Jan 10, 2019 - Mar 14, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:45 pm
Delta Manor Education Centre (DMEC)
Add to My Calendar
This course focuses on health, safety and nutrition matters as they relate to infants, toddlers and children requiring extra support in an early childhood education program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will possess the necessary skills and knowledge to:
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and practices that ensure health, safety and nutrition of all children.
- Examine their own health, safety and nutrition values, habits and routines and understand how they impact on caregivers as role models for the children and families they work with.
- Identify factors that contribute to overall health status.
- Understand and implement specific hygiene practices for the routines in an under three centre or for children requiring extra support.
- Ensure the environment complies with or exceeds licensing requirements and/or report licensing related issues.
- Develop awareness of safety issues for infants, toddlers and children requiring extra support in a centre.
- Understand and comply with child protection responsibilities.
- Establish an emotionally safe and nurturing environment.
- Plan and implement routines that are flexible and responsive to the needs of children and their families.
- Describe and utilize the principles of feeding and how to create a positive nutritional environment.
- Understand the specific requirements for nutrition of infants, toddlers and children requiring extra support.
- Provide and/or access supports that are required for the successful inclusion of each child.
- Recognize and respect cultural, socio-economic and family diversity in all aspects of care.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child Health and Wellbeing
- Early Care and Education
- Family Support
- Special Needs
Early Childhood Educators with their basic ECE certificate
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
ECE Basic Certificate
Many years of experience in the ECE field specifically in working with children requiring extra support.
Delta Continuing Education