ECE 301 Working with Families, Agencies and the Community
Date(s) - Jan 7, 2019 - Mar 11, 2019
Delta Manor Education Centre (DMEC)
Add to My Calendar
This course provides the learner with knowledge and information about public and government agencies providing resources and services to families, as they relate to the community and child care services. Cross-cultural perspectives, family structure, the philosophy of family centered care and caregiver’s values as they relate to providing service to families, are studied in depth.
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner will possess the necessary skills and knowledge to:
- Articulate a global perspective on families.
- Recognize, respect and support cultural, socioeconomic and family diversity in all aspects of care.
- Support the role of the family.
- Assist families with current information about child care, referral services and other relevant resources in the community.
- Facilitate and support family collaboration in individual service planning, agency programming and policy and decision making within the community.
- Establish and maintain coordinated working relationships with other professionals and service providers working with families.
- Articulate a basic understanding of systems theory and the caregivers responsibility in maintaining professional relationships with clients.
- Maintain ethical standards and professional accountability related to family service provision.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the value of cultural competence.
- Understand the socioeconomic and cultural characteristics and composition of the community.
- Advocate for families’ rights to collaborate with service providers in decisions regarding their children.
Early Childhood Educators with their basic ECE certificate
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
ECE Basic Certificate
Many years of experience in the ECE field specifically in administration and working with families
Delta Continuing Education