Creating Meaningful Experiences for Infants and Toddlers – Online
Date(s) - Oct 2, 2021
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Add to My Calendar
Providing unique, sensory-based learning experiences for infants enhances their overall development. When
exposed to experiences that engage all their senses, infants develop cognitively, creatively, emotionally
and socially. In addition, when responsive caregivers interact with infants and scaffold this learning, we
strengthen the caregiver-infant relationship. This workshop will provide insight into infants’ unique sensory
learning needs. Caregivers will learn why sensory exploration is so vital to infant development and they will
learn fun, creative ways to provide rich experiences for infants.
Presenter: Andrea Dawson has worked with young children and their families for the past 20 years and has
supervised in both non-profit and inclusive early childhood programs. Andrea worked as part of Vancouver
Coastal Health’s Early Childhood Mental Health team, focusing on supporting children with emotional and
behavioural challenges and their families. Andrea currently teaches in the Early Childhood Education
department at Langara College.
Date: Saturday October 2, 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number