CONNECTIONS IN NATURE FOR ALL CHILDREN – ONLINE
Date(s) - Mar 6, 2021
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Abbotsford CCRR Online
Add to My Calendar
Developing a connection with nature is an integral piece of childhood. Through interactions with the natural world, children develop a sense of wonder, calm, joy, and fascination. In this interactive session, we explore place-based learning with children of all ages. We discuss ways of moving past challenges, engaging stakeholders, and exploring simple and meaningful open-ended play ideas and learning invitations that bring children outside and bring nature in. Participants will leave with a nature play idea kit filled with strategies and inspiration, including ideas that require little to no preparation or materials and ideas that include Aboriginal perspectives and understandings.
Presenter: Karen Begley supports and empowers educators to feel fantastic about the work they are already doing by making connections between their underlying values, everyday programming, and pedagogical theory. Her playful style makes for interactive workshops that generate new ideas and increase participants’ confidence and competency to bring practical and enriching experiences to the children in their care.
Date: Saturday, March 6, 2021
Time: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number