Connection & Separation: Building a Child’s Capacity to Separate – Online
Date(s) - Nov 23, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
This workshop focuses on developing a strong understanding of what happens inside our little people when
they are facing separation from a parent or caregiver. We discuss at length the attachment & alarm
systems (anxiety), and provide numerous strategies that help make transitions and separating go smoothly.
The skills presented in this workshop will enable parents and caregivers to respond effectively to the
attachment needs of their children across multiple situations, as well as assist early educators in providing a
comforting, nurturing environment for children to be received into.
Presenter: Shannon McGeehan has 18 years of experience, working alongside children and families in the
areas of social work, outreach and consulting, group facilitation and individual therapy, all within MCFD. Her
workshops focus on the most widely experienced emotional issues of children. In addition to a Masters of
Education in Counselling Psychology, Shannon’s passion for helping others and her myriad of experience, all
contribute to informing her approach, and guide her toward helping parents and educators in a gentle,
Date: Tuesday November 23, 2021
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: members $10, non-members $15
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, and stay for the entire session. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children – Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration – Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment – Credit (Visa or MasterCard) and debit.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) – Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) – Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
ECE's, Parents, Responsible Adults, Childminders, RLNR's, LNR's, Caregivers, Child Care Provider
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number