Connecting & Communication with Social Media
Date(s) - Jul 31, 2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Add to My Calendar
Social Media is a powerful and effective way to advertise, connect and communicate with families, colleagues and the larger ECE community. Come learn about and discuss how to set up and manage Social Media for your classroom or centre. We will cover the pros and cons, safe practices, and how to choose what services to use.
• Learn how to use Social Media as a tool to advertise, connect, and com-municate with families, colleagues and the larger ECE community.
• Have a brief introduction to various Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
• Explore Policies and procedures for using Social Media for your classroom or centre.
• Learn how using Social Media can be a powerful documentation tool for ECE teachers.
Suitable for: students, parents, adult instructors/administrators, novice, intermediate and experienced early care and learning professionals working with children of all ages, from infant/toddlers to school-age children
Please bring a tablet or smartphone if possible
- Administration and Communication
- Curriculum/Program Development
- Professional Ethics & Practice
- Professional Networking
Professional Development Certificate
Professional Development Certificate Credit Hours
Registration Contact Email
Registration Contact Phone Number
604 533 4425
Smart Phone or a Tablet
Cassidy Taylor, MLIS. Cassidy has been a Librarian, an ESL instructor, and ECE classroom assistant among many other things. She is currently a Librarian at WCCRR’s Westcoast Early Learning Library (WELL) where she spends her days learning, gathering, and sharing information and resources with ECEs , students, caregivers and parents. When she isn’t doing that, you can find her in the yard tending to her bees and garden.